Super Berry Chocolate Mousse
Our Drinking Chocolate is not just for drinking! The crumbles make a wonderful, flexible chocolate base for a multitude of creative applications, and one of our favorites is this refreshing, summery berry chocolate mousse. Enjoy!
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup heaping TCHO Superberry Drinking Chocolate Crumbles
1/4 cup TCHO 66% Organic Chocolate Discs
2-4 tbsp. warm water
Pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp. berry flavored/inspired liqueur, e.g. Chambord (optional)
Garnish/topping of choice: whipped cream, crème fraiche, coulis, macerated berries… Whatever you like!
1. Melt the drinking chocolate and the discs in a bain-marie (a.k.a. double-boiler, or water bath), adding small quantities of water to help the crumbles along. You shouldn’t require more than 4 tbsp. to liquefy them. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly once melted.
2. Beat egg yolks until smooth. Add melted and cooled chocolate to egg yolks. If you’re adding liqueur, add it at this time.
3. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold the egg whites carefully into the chocolate/egg yolk mixture, in thirds.
5. Once incorporated, pour slowly into serving dish(es): ramekins, teacups, martini glasses… Be creative!
6. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least two hours.
7. Serve cold, garnished with your favorite topping.
Many thanks to Chloë’s mom for the recipe upon which this one is based. Try this same recipe with our Pepper²Mint Drinking Chocolate Crumbles!