Délice au Chocolat Noir
150 grams butter
200 grams TCHO 66% Organic Baking Discs
125 grams sugar
22 grams flour
pinch espelette powder (French chili powder)
100 grams almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 9″ round baking pan. Place a circle of parchment into the bottom of the pan.
2. Brown butter, let cool.
3. Melt the chocolate.
4. Separate the eggs.
5. Beat the yolks with the sugar. Mix in the brown butter. Fold in the chocolate. Sift in the cocoa and espelette powder, then almond flour.
6. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the whites into the batter.
7. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set.
9. Cool completely before turning out of pan and serving.
Michelle Hernandez is owner of Le Dix-Sept, a San Francisco based French patisserie. Learn more about Le Dix-Sept at www.LeDixSept.com.