Classic Chocolate Truffles
This recipe for chocolate truffles is brought to us by Ryan Holmes, TCHO’s in-house confectioner.
90 grams heavy cream
30 grams honey
215 grams (7 1/2 ounces) TCHO 66% Dark Chocolate Baking Discs chopped
15 grams spirit of choice (if you prefer not to use spirit or alcohol, replace with equal weight milk)
1. Combine heavy cream and honey in a saucepan over low to medium heat and bring to a boil.
2. Place chocolate into large bowl. Pour cream over the chocolate and let sit for one minute.
3. Stir chocolate vigorously to emulsify. Warm chocolate as needed to ensure chocolate is completely combined with cream and honey mixture. Be careful to not heat mixture over 94 degrees Fahrenheit (34 degrees Celsius).
4. Stir in butter.
5. Stream in spirit (or milk) and continue stirring until mixture is homogeneous.
6. Pour ganache into shallow pan. Once cooled, cover the surface of the ganache with plastic wrap to prevent formation of a skin.
7. Allow ganache to crystallize overnight at room temperature.
8. Once ganache is set, use a teaspoon to scoop ganache. Roll into a sphere and coat with cocoa powder.
Ganache must set overnight.