12 ounces chopped TCHO “Chocolatey” Baking Discs (or 6 bars)
1/3 cup hot or warm espresso
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Pinch of salt
Lightly sweetened whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly butter the bottom and sides of an 8 or 9-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Place TCHO “Chocolatey” and espresso in a double broiler or in a large heatproof bowl and set in a wide pan or skillet of hot water. Set aside for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and let the chocolate melt completely. Stir until smooth and keep warm.
3. Whip the cream with a mixer until peaks form. Set aside.
4. In mixing bowl, add eggs, yolks, sugar and salt until all combined with a hand held mixer. Mix until mixture is warm and sugar is dissolved, approximately 3 minutes, then on high-speed mix until light and fluffy, approximately an additional 3 minutes.
5. Alternately, fold one-third of the egg mixture and one third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until all is combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake 60-75 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
7. Gently loosen the edges with a thin knife before inverting on the rack. To serve, remove the parchment paper, slice into thin wedges and serve topped with whipped cream.