aahsome TCHOcolate Brownies
6 ounces TCHOPro 68% Cacao Baking Discs
2 ounces TCHOPro 60.5% Cacao Baking Discs
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup TCHO Roasted Cacao Nibs
vanilla ice cream
aahsome fudge chocolate sauce (makes the brownies extra special)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a 13-by 9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler, or a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the TCHOPro baking discs and butter, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and put the chocolate/butter mixture into a mixing bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer). Let cool until lukewarm.
3. Stir in the sugar and vanilla, then add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the flour and the salt until just combined. Stir in the cacao nibs.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan, and smooth to have an even layer. Bake on a rack in the middle of the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it is slightly crusty on top and your skewer comes out with wet crumbs. Cool completely in the pan on a rack.
5. Cut into squares (you decide the size of the serving). Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dollop of chocolate sauce.
For that extra oomph! of mouth-watering goodness, melt a few pieces of auntie fruf’s aahsome fudge until soft, either in a double boiler or on low in the microwave in a glass bowl, stirring frequently. Generously pour fudge sauce over brownies.
Christine Hanson is the owner of auntie fruf’s aahsome fudge. Learn more about her delectable little pieces of heaven at www.aahsomefudge.com.