- Published on November 1, 2012
- Written by ari
TCHO is different in many ways:
1. We have our own factory and make chocolate from scratch; we source our own cacao all over the world. We are one of only a dozen or so chocolate manufacturers in the US with the scale to serve both consumers and commercial customers.
2. As with wine, what you taste in our dark chocolate is precisely, and only, what’s in the bean itself.
3. We are obsessive about quality; we are meticulous in our bean sourcing and scientifically exacting in our formulation development.
4. We have a unique and innovative sourcing program, TCHOSource, that goes beyond Fair Trade — working directly with cacao farmers to improve their crops and livelihood. This program has helped thousands of farmers in Peru, Ecuador, the Dominican Republic, and Ghana.
5. We designed a chocolate “Beta” program in which feedback from our customers helps us refine formulations before final launch.
6. Our packaging is modern and iconic; we have won numerous design awards.
7. The TCHO team includes chocolate and food enthusiasts with deep chocolate experience from industry leaders like Ghirardelli, Scharffen Berger, and Lake Champlain Chocolates.