Jobs at TCHO
TCHO is New American Chocolate. What does working for a New American Chocolate company mean? It means we’re obsessed. We’re obsessed with flavor. We’re obsessed with innovation. And we’re obsessed with fusing the two together to craft the very best chocolate, from tree to bar.
TCHO has four operating heuristics:
- Make TCHO a place where people want to come to work.
- Be obsessive: about a brand experience that delights, about legendary service to our communities, about innovation, and about process, with crisp execution and relentless improvement.
- Be lean and mean — be real.
- Make a better world.
Start your journey to becoming part of our New American Chocolate company by finding your perfect position below and submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Jobs Available:
TCHO Retail Store Associate
The retail store staff is the everyday face of TCHO, and are therefore tasked with making a positive engagement with every potential customer that walks in the store. Knowing the TCHO story and being able to speak comfortably to potentially large numbers of people while appearing relaxed, confident and interested is essential and the first priority of store staff. Being able to do this while engaged in a diverse array of other tasks is what makes this little store a demanding and complex environment.
Retail associates are first and foremost TCHO customer service ambassadors, but have a full range of administrative responsibilities as well. The overall vision of the retail store is that it represents TCHO’s clean, modern and thoughtful brand and should create a sense of community and purpose to it’s customers.
- Basic computer competency- email, Office suite of Software
- Excel, used for sales tracking and inventory
- Ability to speak to groups comfortably
- Basic accounting skills-ability to tie off numbers at end of day
- Strong customer service empathy and awareness
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Moulding Line Operator
Working under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for moulding and making of the chocolate of every flavor and format to the quality specifications provided by the Production Manager or Production Supervisor. This person is responsible for producing a high-quality product and is empowered to make decisions to control quality and weights and stop production if and when necessary. Additionally, this position is responsible for trouble-shooting to resolve problems with chocolate temper, appearance, flavor and packaging with the appropriate team members, or direct Supervisor.
Additional functions assigned to the position as needed, such as sanitation (GMP’s), executing formulas, loading chocolate in tanks, draining tanks, reconciling chocolate made and chocolate produced.
- Executes the production of a quality product with the correct weights and quality as assigned by the production supervisor or production manager.
- Executes the assigned tasks as efficiently as possible, while ensuring quality and safety principles are applied.
- Responsible for sanitation and clean-up during and before the close of shift. Cases and remelt product should be clearly marked with a labels and/or stickers with the manufacture date. Unwrapped chocolate should be shrink-wrapped on the rack. Exposed product should be stored in a corrugate box or plastic buckets.
- Monitors equipment to ensure good working order and to report any problems to management or maintenance as needed.
Monitors operations on shift to ensure that Quality Assurance, Sanitation, and Safety standards are consistently met.
- Communicates and implements company policies and procedures on assigned time schedule.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions to management regarding improvements of efficiencies, production, quality, work flow, etc. as observed.
- Knowledge of machinery and product operations.
- Mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of plant layout, equipment applications and material requirements.
- Knowledge of product characteristics and processing procedures.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance principles.
- Knowledge of company policies on Safety, Sanitation, product protection and personnel-related procedures, as applicable.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate production work on assigned time schedule under management direction.
- Ability to expedite production orders.
- Ability to monitor enforcement of quality standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and evaluate production records.
- Ability to train and provide direction to team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, other employees and management.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Moving around the production floor requires frequent standing, walking and infrequent climbing of stairs. Grasping and repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrists or hands are required in the packaging and de-moulding areas. The ability to occasionally lift 75 lbs. and more frequently lift 50lbs or less is required. The movement of pallets, packaging, chocolate trays require the ability to push/pull 1000 lbs.
- Satisfactory hearing and vision is required, as is depth perception, color vision and quick mental and muscular coordination.
- Work is inside the production floor and includes heights greater than 10 ft, loud to moderate noise levels.
- The position regularly works with machinery and moving ladders and idle pallets.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.